NOW RECRUITING: ESO AND WINSPEAR'S YOUNG LEADERSHIP COUNCIL
Are you interested in music, giving back to your community, solving problems for a significant non-profit, and shaping your own hands-on leadership experience with a diverse group of young adults? Would you like the chance to meet and learn from some of Canada’s most influential musicians and business people?
Do you want access to free and discounted concert tickets to enrich your life as well as the lives of your friends and family?
If you answered “yes” to any of those questions, the Young Leadership Council (YLC) of the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, Winspear Centre, and the Tommy Banks Centre for Musical Creativity is the perfect opportunity for you! We are in search of twelve unique individuals like you to lead and shape the inaugural year of the Council. The YLC’s mandate is to nurture and develop young leaders and supporters of the ESO, while involving the voices of the many generations and diverse people in our community.
- 18 - 29 years old
- Residence in Edmonton or surrounding area
Preference will be given to those who:
- Have a curiousity about music or the arts, and an interest in giving back to the community
- Have a desire to develop and apply leadership and teamwork skills
- Have prior engagement in community service and/or a strong desire to become involved
- Have an understanding of current issues
- Self-motivated and able to make reasonable commitment of time; view YLC as a priority
- Monthly meetings
- Be a Winspear and ESO ambassador by volunteering at events (which means you have the opportunity to attend events like Symphony Under the Sky for free and to mentor students through the nationally-recognized YONA-Sistema Program)
- Attendance at Annual General Meeting
- Elected Co-Presidents may have the opportunity to attend a Board of Directors meeting and Strategic Planning Session
Want to know more about the Council and experience the ESO/Winspear?
Interested and eligible candidates are invited to an exciting and free YLC recruitment experience on May 12, 2017 at 6:30pm, even if you have already submitted an application before this date. Why should you come?
- You will receive a complimentary ticket to the ESO concert that evening.
- A chance to meet ESO's Chief Conductor Alexander Prior
- Free refreshments prior to the concert
- Opportunity to mingle in the VIP Founder’s Room before and after the concert
- Opportunity to interact and build networks with young-adults interested in the YLC, current board members, musicians, staff and Winspear patrons
Spots are limited, so please reserve your spot today by emailing Candace (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name and a sentence introducing yourself.
There are only two simple steps to applying:
Please email your resumé to Candace Chu (email@example.com) and complete this online application form by May 26, 2017, 11:59pm:
Shortlisted applicants may be invited for a short personal interview so we can get to know you better.
We highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible. For more information, please contact Candace Chu, University of Alberta Board of Directors Intern, at firstname.lastname@example.org.